It always boggles my mind when I read the list of all the toxic ingredients found in household and personal care products, especially ones for babies/children. When I became pregnant, I wanted to provide my child with the safest products available—from personal care products to household cleaning and laundry products. I began researching products and ingredients, and educating myself about toxins found in the environment and consumer products. I have always been a supporter of Seventh Generation for not only their products but their advocacy to fight toxins in products. Although I am not a fan of some Seventh Generation products (you can read my reviews here and here), I think their products are generally the better of the environmentally friendly options available in mass retailers.
Through their Healthy Baby Home Parties, Seventh Generation helps educate friends and family on how to create a healthy environment for their children and reduce toxins in the household. I hosted my first Healthy Baby Home Party in 2014, shortly after my son was born. I received a kit filled with product samples (from Seventh Generation and its partners) and informational flyers to pass out to other moms. It was a great opportunity to try family- and environmentally-friendly products and learn ways to reduce toxins in our home.
Seventh Generation is now looking for hosts for this year’s Healthy Baby Home Party.
WHAT IS A HEALTHY BABY HOME PARTY?
A Healthy Baby Home Party is an opportunity for moms focused on creating a healthy environment for their children to get together with friends and share helpful information about parenting and the environment, as well as make an impact through daily product choices and advocacy.
Healthy Baby Home Party kits are provided to selected hosts and are filled with educational info about our environment, as well as samples and coupons from Seventh Generation and other favorite family-friendly brands.
Seventh Generation’s Healthy Baby Home Parties were developed with input from Healthy Child Healthy World, a non-profit program committed to providing parents and caregivers information about our children’s exposures to potentially hazardous environmental chemicals and pollutants so families can lead healthier lives.
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
- Sign up at generationgood.net to join the Generation Good community, or log in if already a member.
- Accept the Healthy Baby Home Party Application offer on your Generation Good dashboard and complete the application.
- Applicants will be notified by end of March if they have been selected to host a party, via an email to the email address assigned to their Generation Good member profile.
- All selected applicants will then need to confirm their participation by accepting the Healthy Baby Home Party Mission in Generation Good and confirming their shipping address.
- Hosting spots are open to US residents only at this time. Canadian parties are planned for later in 2016!
- Full terms and conditions are available within Generation Good in the “Healthy Baby Home Party Application” offer.
*I am a member of Seventh Generation’s Generation Good community. Through membership in the program, I occasionally receive Seventh Generation and partner products for free for the purpose of my review. I received content and images for this post. Opinions are 100% my own.